Get up, go out, watch a movie, fall in love...

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Skeleton Twins


When watching the trailer of this movie I was preparing myself to watch an indie comedy. The kind I could enjoy with my partner after a long day of work that would make laugh, relax and put me to sleep with a smile on my face.

Well, that's definitely not what happened. 

Skeleton Twins is much more than a comedy. It's actually one the funniest dramas I've seen this year, but certainly not a comedy. This is a film full of sharp, dark, sarcastic sense of humor that not everyone can enjoy. (In fact, my husband kinda hated me because I chose that movie. He accepted it was a great film but not exactly the happy, funny, let's-get-high-and-laugh-until-we-cry kind of movie that he was expecting to see). 
Having said my disclaimer and warning you this is not a happy movie, I must tell you this a film very much worth watching! The dialogues were brilliant, the story was very original and the pace was perfect. No wonder it won the best Screenplay at Sundance Film Festival this year. 

And to be fair, the acting was also a huge part of it. Kirsten Wiig and Bill Hader are both well known for their great abilities as comedy actors, but this time they managed to combine the intensity of the tormented personalities they had to play with their own hilarious expressions. 

If you need more to decide wether or not this is for you, watch the trailer bellow and see if you are one of those twisted sarcastic kind of person who will enjoy this as much as I did. 




No comments:

Post a Comment