Get up, go out, watch a movie, fall in love...

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Gore Vidal: The United States of Amnesia

It has been more than a week since my last post. Not because I haven't watched any films, but because non of the ones that have crossed my path have been worth sharing with you. Except for one! One that I couldn't talk about because it was confidential until the day before it's release. 

This film I'm talking about, that has kept me waiting until today, is a very interesting documentary called: Gore Vidal: United States of Amnesia. Directed by Nicholas Whrathall. 

For some of you the name Gore Vidal is very familiar, but for me it was just an author I had read about, so I was not entirely sure of what I was about to discover. 

This film takes us through the life of one of the most authentic, revolutionary, intelligent and charismatic personalities this country has ever seen. A man who stood up for homosexual rights when no one had the guts to do so, a man so charming and respected that even John Kennedy looked for his advice, a man so versatile that he could write Hollywood scripts and History books at the same time. 

I have to admit that, after watching this documentary, I have discovered what could be one of my favorite american personalities of the last century. 

This film opens tomorrow on theaters in the West and East coast. If you feel like getting inspired and discovering the life of this amazing man, please get up, go out and watch this film. 

Here's the trailer: 






1 comment:

  1. Hi. He was a real character. Very powerful mind and an extraordinary wit in the fashion of O. Wilde. I liked the few novels I have read of him but I liked even more, his social and political essays. Very sharp tongue. At the same time, I must say, he was somewhat decadent. Possibly, age. For instance, his screenplay for the Caligula movie, that have in my collection of classic movies. Anyway, thanks for bringing it to our attention. Vicente Vallenilla

    ReplyDelete