Get up, go out, watch a movie, fall in love...

Thursday, May 1, 2014

UNAFF. A Documentary and Human Rights paradise.

A couple of years ago, I remember I had recently arrived to the town of Palo Alto, California, when one day, walking the Stanford Campus I find a poster about some film festival that was happening at the time and was somehow related to the United Nations, it had something to do with human rights, and it would only show documentaries. Obviously, that all sounded like a very ME kind of film festival. I had never heard about it, but I immediately googled the letters UNAFF (United Nations Association Film Festival) and discovered what it was all about! 

That same afternoon, I attended my first screening (of many more to come) and then is when I realized thad I had found a little treasure of event in the heart of Silicon Valley! I had never expected to find such a great film festival in the middle of this tech-obsessed area. But to my surprise, and up to these days, this is one of my favorite film festivals. I've even found out that many of the films that have been screened at UNAFF have ended up to be Academy Award Winners. 

Because I know many of you are documentary lovers, or documentary filmmakers, or are somehow related to documentary filmmaking, I wanted to let you know that this May 4th is the early deadline for submission to this year's edition, which will be celebrated in October. 

If you want to know more about the rules, the procedure, the prizes, etc. follow the link bellow: 


If you want to attend or just know more about this film festival, here's the link to their website: 


Hope you get to participate or have the luck to ever attend. Is very much worth it! 




No comments:

Post a Comment