Get up, go out, watch a movie, fall in love...

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Lunchbox. Love stories from Mumbai

It has been a few days I don't write a review. It's not that I haven't seen any movie, is not that I've been lost in the gardens of Cambridge (maybe just a little bit), is because I haven't watched anything really worth writing about. (Remember I don't trash movies, I don't spend my time and yours on movies not worth our precious attention). 

Also, I must remind you TriBeCa film festival is a couple of days away, so most independent filmmakers who have not yet premiered in this year's mayor festivals, are holding their premieres for NY. 

Once I've said this, let's talk about The Lunchbox. 


A movie for those who have a soft spot for India (like me), have a spot spot for love stories, enjoy an easy to watch movie, understand the power of traveling through the big screen and don't feel intimidated by subtitles. 

This is not a movie remarkable for it's acting, outrageous scenarios or even too much of a complex script. On the contrary, this is a movie of a beautiful simplicity, that manages to introduce many philosophical and reflexive elements without feeling too intense or overwhelming. Love is what drives the script, some are impossible loves, others aged loves. There are different stages of love and that is exactly what this movie is all about. 

In addition to the story, if you want to have a brief perception of Indian's lifestyles, their culture, their people and their relationships, then go watch this movie now before they take it off the theaters and let yourself go and enjoy some love stories in the streets of Mumbai. 


Check out the trailer: 

No comments:

Post a Comment